Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Quotable

Four more hours and then I shall be free and will have the next two days off. I can't freaking wait. I've been pretty tired the last few days, but I plan on going to the gym after work today, and it's Combat class so I'm looking forward to hitting something...hard.

So today's entry is a bit weird, as I was reading through it in my journal it's really just a bunch of random quotes and some observations on the senior class trip that I was on to Minnesota. (Still taken from the same journal as the last few blog posts)

Let us continue...


Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I want to die like my grandfather in my sleep. Not like his passengers screaming." - Bethany*

"Oh, what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! I have a beautiful feeling that everything is going my way!"

Note to self, watch Doctor Who!

Exhaustion taking over, must sleep, too happy to! Why am I writing like Captain Kirk? Ha, Ha. William Shatner, you're a silly bitch. 

"Don't just live. Shine" - Billboard

After a perhaps premature rest stop in Chippewa Falls, we are back on the road. Another hour perhaps before we get to Minnesota. I need to take a nap before we get there so I'm not completely zonked out for Phantom. 

Bethany and I have been having the most lovely conversations. I'm so glad she came because there are a lot of people who did come that I really don't care for...

This day has been legendary as Bethany so put it, and it's not even done!

To be perfectly honest though, I don't know how much more of these people I can take, and for whatever reason, I keep stressing out about tomorrow so it's making the rest of the day less enjoyable.

*Names have been changed 


You know how some people have verbal diarrhea where they just can't seem to shut the fuck up and say whatever is on their mind...well clearly I have the same condition but with writing! JFC. I don't even remember who was on the senior class trip, but maybe if I wasn't such a moody little shit I could have enjoyed it a bit more.

I did watch some Doctor Who but never became a Whovian (is that what the fanbase is called?) When I studied abroad in London I saw David Tennant who played the 10th Doctor in the play, 'Much Ado About Nothing'.



This morning I was talking to a co-worker about life and the fact that I'm a bit bitter and angry about where I am currently at in life, and he put some stuff into perspective for me. He said that this (working at the bookstore) is a good place to be when you're transitioning, especially if you want to be a writer. You have access to thousands of books at really good prices, plus you see the trends of what is coming in that people want to sell, and what's going out that people are buying; and as a prospective writer that kind of information is very valuable.

Yesterday on my lunch break my manager asked if I was a writer since I had my laptop out, I joked and said, "I guess I am." since y'know...I'm fucking writing! Literally. Beyond this blog and my personal journal, I am working on a side project. Right now it's more so an exercise to flex my writing muscle and to push myself to write a short story. That adjective of 'short' might change depending on how much I get into it.

What makes blogging and journaling so easy is that I just write what I'm thinking or feeling at that given moment in time. Actually sitting down and writing a fictional story with characters and make it interesting is a lot more difficult because if I'm not in the creative mood or if inspiration isn't striking like it use to, then I have little to no desire to sit down and write it. Thankfully I did write some great notes and ideas down in my idea journal, so hopefully, I can go back to that and find the creative inspiration to sit down and crank out a couple of pages over the next few days.

Well, that's all I have for this entry today.


Until next time, do something for someone else today.
-JG

No comments:

Post a Comment